I'm in between turns on Lexulous (the game formerly known as Scrabulous) (and I'm getting crushed, by the way) on facebook, and because I have ADHD (which is no longer considered seperate from ADD), I decided to post something to the old blog. So I stole this post from The New Girl who loaned it from jonniker, who borrowed it from sundry. And you're invited to use it too, if you have nothing better to write about.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Well, I had kind of real-live job for a while, until I got canned. And I joined a golf league, and I threw up on a boat and was left for dead.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept my resolution until about May, and then I fell off the wagon. I've basically made the same one again this year and will probably keep it just as long, which is to get in shape so I don't die at the marathon.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not especially close to me, but I do know quite a few people who had babies last year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the great old U.S. of A.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
The ability to just Get Over It, Already.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 29th, May 4th, August 4th, November 28th
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making a real live friend
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just mental illness!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
iphone 3G and a new computer
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
on clothes, shoes, and other random consumables
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I was pretty excited about the marathon, and about getting that job I later didn't have anymore
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Viva la vida
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
yes, I am. I really am.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
more smiling and more Getting Over It
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
being an asshole
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family and my friend. It was one of the best.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I don't know if it was love but it was something.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Jon & Kate Plus 8
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yeah, you could say that.
24. What was the best book you read?
Confessions of Max Tivoli
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
the Dark Knight
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to school and observed, and then I went to class, and then I went to bed. I turned 26.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a real teaching job.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
athletic shorts and a general brand of 'i don't give a crap what i look like'
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Basically just getting someone new in the White House
35. Who did you miss?
I miss my gramps
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Leave your personal problems at the door and try your best to get through every day with a smile.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"where were you? when everything was falling apart, all my days spent by the telephone, that never rang. all i needed was a call, that never came."