Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mighty Life List

Here are 58 things (and counting) that I would like to accomplish with my life before it's over. It's a fairly trivial list, but I have been leading a trivial life. I wish I could say I've made a difference in someone's life, but I feel for the most part I have only brought pain and strife.

I have been making more of an effort to be a better person, someone that I would be proud of, and someone who puts others first. I don't know exactly what I'm doing here, and I feel pretty lost most of the time. All I know for sure is that I'm tired of feeling worthless and like the world would be better without me in it. I need to figure out who I am, I need to figure out what will make me happy and get out there and do it. I want to be important to someone, I want someone to remember my name. I wish I could figure out how.

I'm 25 years old, and I don't have the slightest clue what to do with my life. I don't know who I can love, I don't know who I can trust. Things are so irreversibly complicated and I almost feel that I can't keep my head above water. I want to run away and live in a shack in the mountains and just be alone. It seems no one understands me, no one can see who I am. I sound so emo bullshit right now, but I'm crying out to strangers to help me find some way to figure out who I am.

Anyway, on to my list. What do you want to do with your life?

Ø Go to Disney World again

Ø Ride in a hot air balloon

Ø Win a major award

Ø Go into space

Ø Be the change I want to see in the world

Ø Be a leader

Ø Be elected to some public office

Ø Successfully re-pot a plant FOR ONCE

Ø Ride a horse

Ø Travel overseas.

Ø Get a teaching job

Ø See the Grand Canyon

Ø Go back to Cali

Ø Walk the whole Golden Gate Bridge

Ø Picnic in the Redwoods

Ø Touch an elephant

Ø See a volcano in Hawaii

Ø Get a hole in one at golf

Ø Go to the Memorial tournament

Ø Run the whole time in a 5K.

Ø Run the Flying Pig again

Ø Go to Vegas

Ø Learn Spanish

Ø Make a difference

Ø Fall in love

Ø Get my master's degree

Ø Learn how to putt

Ø Ride a motorcycle

Ø Waterski

Ø Parasail.

Ø Ride a four wheeler on a beach

Ø Go on a cruise

Ø Go spelunking

Ø Climb a mountain

Ø Go hiking

Ø Go to an Ohio State football game

Ø Learn how to fly a plane

Ø Ride in a helicopter

Ø Find a friend I can count on

Ø Buy a new car.

Ø Get my own place

Ø Bowl another 200 game

Ø Get a golf score in the 30's OMG 7/23 I shot a 36!

Ø Start the lawnmower by myself

Ø Go on a roadtrip

Ø Be on Jeopardy!

Ø Watch a Broadway show

Ø Go to NYC at New Year

Ø Survive NYC at New Year.

Ø Run the Ecothon

Ø Fly a kite

Ø Find myself

Ø Regrow my tiny heart

Ø Volunteer

Ø Sky dive

Ø Learn to dance

Ø Build something.

Ø Travel to all 50 states

2 comments:

BOSSY said...

With only twenty-five years in your rear view mirror, Bossy thinks you have time aplenty for this cool list.

charmed said...

ohmygosh!!!! bossy read my post!!! best. day. evar!!