Thursday, July 26, 2007

This Sucks

Here I am again, almost August and no jobs in sight. I don't know whether I am really terrible at interviews and no one has had the heart to tell me, or if I am just not destined to be a teacher after all, but it sure is not looking good for me. I am so ready to just give up and find something else.

The trouble is, I have no idea how to go about finding a job. I look in the newspaper and in the want ads, every job seems to want years of experience that I don't have. How do I even get started? Even "entry-level" jobs want experience. How do I get experience if no one will hire me to begin with?

There are a lot of things I think I would be good at and a couple different areas I would be interested in besides teaching, like photography or writing for a newspaper, or something with computers. If anyone reads this and can give me some tips on how to land a job, or even just tell me how you got your job, I would really appreciate it.

No comments: